Friday, December 4, 2009

Know your Assets



Lesson #11 when moving: Invest. No, I'm not a budding Suze Orman (though since moving to NYC I might consider myself Young, Fabulous, and Broke..), and I'm not really about to give financial advice on my personal blog.

What I'm referring to is investing by only purchasing things that you can't live without, and buying things that will actually last. Space is a premium here in the city and the last thing you want is a bunch of half-baked purchases lying around. Or, rather, stacked upon each-other in a haphazard way.

It's such a simple concept, but I honestly think part of the reason the American economy is so messed up is because people buy whatever they want on a whim, and it's usually of poor quality. If we really want to stimulate the economy, maybe we should stop shopping at walmart for the absolute cheapest items, and shop locally for things that will last a bit longer?

Unless Sarah Palin's book tour is going to walmart. Then I'm definitely there.

1 comment:

  1. YESSSSSSSSSSSS Buy local and help your community but never, never go to Walmart. Do not even joke about that idiot Sarah P.
    Marmie

    ReplyDelete